Chicken and cookies

I am super behind posting some recipes. What could you possibly be eating without them? :) I know, I'm flattering myself. Honestly, the main reason I post is so I can find the recipe!

This oven "fried" chicken is a family favorite and oh-so-yummy. I'm just going to link to it here - from Food Network. My notes: I've never used bone-in chicken. I can get about 6 breasts out of this recipe (I make a bit more of the breading just for fun). I couldn't find plain pita chips this last round and used the garlic/parmesan flavor and it was awesome. Go easy on the cayenne if you're sensitive to spicy food. I think the breading, the cooking spray and baking it on a rack makes all of the difference.


And for dessert, delicious oatmeal raisin (or oatmeal chocolate chip) cookies: 
1 c. butter, softened 
1 1/3 c. light brown sugar, packed 
2 eggs 
1 tsp. vanilla
 1 c. flour 
1/2 c. whole wheat flour 
1 tsp. cinnamon
 1 tsp. salt 
3 c. rolled oat
s 1 1/2 c. raisins 
1 c. chopped nuts, optional (I used chopped pecans)

 Preheat oven to 350. Cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Stir this into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins and nuts. Place dough into the fridge for 30 minutes. Scoop onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes - taking them out when golden at the edges but still a little undercooked looking on top. Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for five minutes before transferring them to the rack to cool. I divided my dough - added raisins to 1/2 and chocolate chips to the other half. Add as much chocolate/raisins as you prefer.

Comments