Crepes

I probably make these this recipe once a week if not more. If it were up to Abby, I'd make these on a daily basis. But I don't and somehow - SOMEHOW - she survives. Max and Sam will only eat these fresh off the griddle. Abby is less demanding - we can refrigerate extras, peel them off, heat them up and consume. I always think of my Uncle Dave in Colorado because he made these whenever we'd visit or after a river run. Good times! I actually QUADRUPLE this recipe (the amounts in parenthesis) because a single batch barely covers one breakfast. It takes a while to actually cook them all but what can you do? 

 Basic Crepe Recipe: 

Blend in blender (If you're quadrupling, it will FILL your entire blender. You will want to scrape the sides to get all of the flour off.) 
 1/2 c. flour (2 cups) 
1/2 c. milk (2 cups) 
1/4 c. lukewarm water (1 cup) 
2 large eggs (8 eggs) 
2 TBSP unsalted butter, melted (8 T/1 stick)
 1 1/2 TBSP sugar (1/3 cup)
 Pinch of salt

(Sometimes I don't have unsalted butter. If I use salted butter, I just leave out the pinch of salt. Also, I like to add a tsp. of vanilla extract for more flavor.) I use a 10" saute pan, add just under 1/4 cup of the batter, swirl it around. Let the edges brown and then flip. This can be tricky and all I can say is practice practice practice. Stack 'em (if your kids don't consume them as soon as they're done) and refrigerate if you so choose. My girls love them with powdered sugar on top but they are divine with fresh berries and whipped cream. Or whatever you so choose. Enjoy!

Comments