Almond Toffee Bark

I have been searching high and low for a good almond toffee recipe and I think I've finally found my friend. Super easy. Super tasty. Just buy a candy thermometer and cut to the chase.


Ingredients:
2+ c. sliced almonds (probably like 2 1/2 c)
1 c. sugar
6 tbsp. light corn syrup
2 sticks  (1 c.) unsalted butter
1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use just over 1 cup  - do whatever works for you!) 
1/2-ish c. white chocolate chips (optional)

In a large-ish sauce pan (not a soup pot), melt butter, sugar and corn syrup. Stir until melted and starts to bubble. Add candy thermometer and cook over medium - medium/high heat until thermometer registers 290. Take off heat and immediately add almonds to mixture. Stir and pour onto greased cookie sheet. (I use a silicon sheet liner like Silpat. Amazon sells some inexpensive versions as well.) 


Spread it out into a thin layer. It should cover MOST of a regular cookie sheet. Immediately pour out chocolate chips to cover the toffee. Let it rest for a minute to warm up and then spread out the chocolate. Start spreading and then keep spreading until it is smooth. Sprinkle some more sliced almonds on top - to taste. 

 I add some melted white chocolate on top for aesthetic and to hold on the almonds.
To melt white chocolate, put into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30 second intervals and stir in between until smooth. I just drizzle the white chocolate on with a spatula. It's all going to be broken up anyway so it doesn't have to be gorgeous. 

After it all sets break it up and serve. 

Having chocolate bloom is a fairly common occurrence. It may look whiteish in spots. I'm not spending hours tempering chocolate. I make almost 40 batches of this a year and so I've got bigger fish to fry. It tastes the same but happens sometimes. 

Here are some more pictures of the post-stove process: 


Comments