Mom's Clam Dip

I made my mom's famous cheese dip for
Christmas Eve and it was a HUGE hit!!!
Here is the recipe - it's really better if you make
it a day early and then reheat it!!!
DON'T substitute anything LOW FAT or LITE or it will
NOT be the same!!!

2 8 oz packages cream cheese - softened to room temp.
1/2 to 3/4 c. mayonnaise (to taste)
1 clove garlic, crushed/minced
1 can chopped or minced clams, partially drained*
1/2 - 1 cup parmesan or romano cheese (to taste, I used about 3/4 c. fresh
grated because it's all I had -
You can definitely use the stuff out of the container if you want!)

Whip cream cheese until light & fluffy (I used electric beaters).
Add mayo. FOLD in crushed garlic (so the flavor's not too strong).
Fold in clams and cheese.
Put in oven proof dish (you can divide it into two)
Cover with foil and bake at 250 degrees for 30 min.
Uncover and bakek another 15 minutes or until
golden crust forms.
Enjoy with veggies, tortilla or potato chips.

*I am one of the least seafood-eating people alive and I still love this dip. Don't let the word CLAM deter you! 

Comments