Once a quarter Cheese Fondue

My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. We decided that we can have it once a quarter because it is sinfully delicious. I found an inexpensive fondue pot for $20 and I hope to use it often.
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. plus 2 tbsp. whipping cream
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, room temp.
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 oz.)
1/2 c. (packed) grated Gruyere cheese (about 1 1/2 oz.)
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cream, cream cheese, Parmesan and Gruyere. Whistk until smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in nutmeg. Season with salt & pepper. Remove from heat.
I also added some cheddar because I added too much Parmesan which was a little overpowering.

We dipped chunks of crusty bread, broccoli and red peppers. I'm sure you could do almost anything. We poured it into the fondue pot after heating on the stove and I was surprised how warm it got/stayed. Go figure that open flame under the fondue pot actually HEATS it!

Another great party food.

Comments