Peanutty Chocolate Banana Bread



I used to make banana bread once or twice a week. It's been a very long time since I made it but this recipe made me bring out some rotten bananas and the bread pans. From my sister in law with a few tweaks.

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. mashed ripe bananas (HEAPING - I used 3 full bananas)
1/3 c. milk
1/3 c. peanut butter
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1/3 c. peanuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350. Grease loaf pans (I used 4 small). In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add bananas , milk, peanut butter, oil and egg. Stir just until combined and dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in 3/4 c. of chocolate chips. (I added all of the chocolate chips.) Pour into pans. Sprinkle peanuts (I skipped this part. Purely out of laziness.) and 1/4 cup chocolate chips over batter. Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes and then turn onto cooling rack.

I cooked my 4 small pans for 35 minutes. I also sprinkled about 2 tbsp. of cinnamon sugar on top of mine because that is what I used to do with my other banana bread recipe. It forms a really nice crust on it. So I didn't add any peanuts or chocolate chips on top. I'll probably try that next time.

This turns out really light and so tasty!

Comments