Pizza popovers


This recipe is from Everyday with Rachael Ray. She calls these Pepperoni Pizza Puffs.

3/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 c.)
4 oz. pepperoni, cut into small cubes (about 1 c.). I buy my pepperoni in slices so I just cut those up - about into quarters.
1/2 c. your favorite pizza sauce
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil (Optional - I didn't put these on top - may have scared the kiddos away - but I already had it chopped so I just added it to the sauce.)
1 red bell pepper - sliced (again, optional but will up the health quotient)

Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin cups. Whisk together the flour and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir the batter and divide among the muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through and then stir in 1 tbsp. basil. Sprinkle the puffs with the remaining 1 tbsp. basil. Serve the puffs and red pepper slices with the pizza sauce for dipping.

I didn't include pepperoni in all of them - child's preference. I did not use a mini-muffin pan but they would be perfect for a party if you did. Also, no red peppers in sight. A double recipe made about 18 regular sized popovers (as shown).

Printable Recipe.
Thank you Google Documents.

Comments

  1. I tried seeing the print version, but Docs said I didn´t have access.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment