Panera Salad

This is my favorite salad lately. Wintertime is not "salad time" in my book - unless it's this one. I sort of figured out the ingredients while dining on this at my local Panera Bread and finally made it. You can pretty much pick the dressing you want - I prefer a raspberry vinaigrette (WITHOUT high fructose corn syrup!!!); Brad likes Newman's lite honey mustard. To each their own! So here it is:
-spring greens (or whatever greens you prefer)
 -pecans
 -gorgonzola cheese (you can use feta but gorgonzola is that much creamier in my book)
 -a diced up pear (any kind)
 -dried cherries (craisins work too) 

And there you have it. That simple and so much flavor. They may have added an apple but I didn't.

Here is a recipe for a delicious Spinach & Prosciutto Lasagna from Everyday Food Magazine. (I usually double this recipe. You may want to add 5 minutes cooking time if you do.)

Comments