Christy Parry Cookies

Some of you may just think a theme in my life is "How many ways can I eat chocolate?" or "How many varieties of cookies can I ingest?" - you'd be right. These are from an amazing woman and we just named them after her so we'd know exactly what was going on.

1 c. butter - softened
1 c. DARK brown sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. REAL vanilla extract (Costco!?)
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 c. flour
2 c. oatmeal
1/2 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg milk chocolate chips (large, chunky Guittard brand are the best if you can find them - which I can't so I used Hershey's milk chocolate chips - regular sized)
NOTE: If you decide to double the recipe, do not double the chocolate chips. Put the amount in for one batch and then add a little at a time until you get to where you want. You know I love chocolate but twice this amount for a double batch is too much.
2/3 c. sliced/chopped almonds (I added these at the end with about 1/2 the dough left so my kiddos wouldn't die eating nuts)

Beat until smooth: butter, dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, eggs. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to the sugar mixture. Then add chocolate chips and almonds until combined well.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
They're practically HEALTHY for you with all of those oats!

Printable Recipe.

Comments

  1. Mmm, these look yummy! I love cookies with dark brown sugar. The chewy factor is definitely enhanced.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment