Cinnamon Syrup

We had BFD the other night and were running low on syrup and so I made my own.
It was a slight epiphany because it isn't one of those things I think "I can make my own".
Kind of like when I first went to Utah State and my roommate made a birthday cake - from scratch. I was amazed. We've come a long way, baby.
Anyway, it is super tasty and I would do it again because it's also easy.

1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. water

Stir together the sugars, flour and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Stir in vanilla and water. Bring them to a rolling boil, stirring often. Continue to boil and stir until mixture thickens to syrup consistency. Remove form heat and let cool before serving. Store leftovers in fridge and heat as desired.

Comments