Erin's Rolo Cookies

My cousin Erin made these in Utah while I was there and they were delicious.
I love Rolos/caramel enrobed in chocolate of most forms and so these were right up my alley.
Snow day yesterday = time to make some cookies!

In a small bowl mix:
3 c. flour
3/4 c. baking cocoa
1 tbsp. baking soda

In a large bowl mix:
1 c. butter (softened)
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp. vanilla

Combine and mix well.
Take out a bit of dough and wrap around Rolo.
This was probably too much dough but you get the idea.
Then roll in sugar.
Bake for 7 to 7 1/2 minutes in a pre-heated 375 oven.
They are delectable warm but very gooey
(see below).
Also very good cooled.
My cousin got about 70 out of this recipe but I clearly used too much dough and only got about 50. Lesson learned but still tasty so just do whatever works.

Comments

Post a Comment