Romano Pizza Crust


Perfection! 



This is such delicious pizza crust. I purchased some air bake pizza pans (like these - you can get them cheaper elsewhere) which are fantastic. This recipe makes about 2 large pizzas or 3 smaller sized. I use garlic salt and so a little less than the 1Tbsp. Sometimes, I'll make these in advance (highly recommend) and then wrap them well & freeze them for pizza emergencies. Which can be frequent with teenagers.

The Mighty Romanos gave us the recipe and so that is how we know it's good!

2 Tbsp. yeast dissolved in...
2 1/4 c. warm water
7 c. flour
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. minced garlic (to taste for garlic salt.... but probably less)
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning (optional - but delicious!)

Combine all of the ingredients in a mixer. When combined turn up the speed a bit and knead for 5-6 minutes. Let rise until doubled - about an hour. Cut into desired pieces and roll out onto a pizza sheet. Stab all over with fork so it doesn't rise.  Cook in a 500 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

I am terrible at making this crust thin. I just haven't done it yet (which Samantha reminds me of frequently) but have faith that I master it one day. Everybody has to dream.

**BREAKING NEWS**
I was making these tonight and Samantha said she'd roll out the crusts. This is how THE Michelle Romano does it I guess - lots of flour, roll it out very very thin. Then transfer to baking sheet and cut off extra crust. I guess you don't have to pre-bake these if you don't want to - just add toppings and enjoy!

Comments