Divine cream cheese frosting

I've been making sugar cookie bars for the band competitions that Wakefield hosts (bake sale table) and decided I didn't love the frosting that came with the sugar cookies. So I found this and I could absolutely bathe in the stuff. SO amazing.

Don't mind my almost black baking sheet. It's a sign of use ;) (And yes, I tried the Pinterest hack of scrubbing it with baking soda and vinegar - holy not worth my time.)

2 sticks salted butter, room temp (oops - I use unsalted and added a pinch of salt)
2 Tbsp. cream cheese, room temp
5-6 c. powdered sugar (I doubled this recipe and added just less than a bag of powdered sugar - just add and taste as you go along)
2-3 Tbsp. half-and-half or heavy cream (so much better than just milk)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. almond extract
food coloring - optional

Using an electric or stand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy
Add 1 c. of powdered sugar and mix well. Add a little half and half or cream alternating with the powdered sugar until desired consistency and sweetness reached. You may not need all of the liquid or the sugar.
Add the extracts and continue beating for 2-3 minutes on medium high. Frosting should be super creamy. Don't over beat or it may separate.
If not using immediately, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, keep cool and mix a bit before using.


Comments