The VERY BEST brownies

I made these today and can't believe I haven't posted the recipe yet. It's my go-to brownie recipe. Besides being DELICIOUS, you mix them up in one pan. Not much mess.

(I added chocolate chips to this batch - optional!) Also note: this is a 9x13 pan - the single recipe is for an 8x8 pan. Hence, I double the recipe to fill this bad boy. I add at least 10 minutes cooking time as well. Also using a big whisk works best for me.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. white sugar
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. water
1 1/2 C. semisweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 325. Grease your pan.  In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat (or turn to LOW) and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir in to the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-40 minutes (start with 25 - keep adding time until toothpick comes up fairly clean). Cool in pan and cut into squares or just eat the whole thing with a fork. No judgement here.


Comments