Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie Bars

 
It's marching band season and when we host competitions, they always ask for donations of baked goods to sell. I didn't have the time or patience to make a batch of cookies and so I went with cookie bars. First I used M&Ms and a smaller-ish cookie sheet. They were good but I wanted them thicker. So I used a 9x13 cake pan and chocolate chips and they are perfect! I may never make cookies again because these are so much faster. The pan is really greasy and hard to spread the dough nicely but don't worry about it! They'll spread nicely as they bake.

Ingredients

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. chocolate chips (to taste - or whatever else you want to add!)

Preheat oven to 375. Grease your pan - whichever size you decide to use. 

Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.  Stir in mix-ins, spread into prepared pan. 

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool, cut and enjoy! 



Comments